Author Topic: Proposed New Board Gameses!  (Read 6066 times)

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
Proposed New Board Gameses!
« on: September 24, 2008, 07:00:51 pm »
In addition to whatever things you're replacing, I think the club should expand the library with stuff.

Agricola - The farming board game, basically harvest moon, I guess. GitS, myself and a few others played it when Don brought it over, it was good times.

Cthulhu 500 - The karazy Cthulhu themed racing card game. I brought it back in the day, my copy has been stolen, so buy your own.

Junta - A game of political intrigue and backstabbing. You interact with players through assassinations, bribes, hell you could in theory take a player into another room to discuss schemes. If you overthrow the player who is the president it goes into Risk mode as for fight over Cuba...I mean the Banana Republic.

Mwahahahaha! - You are all super villains trying to take over the world. Haven't played this one, a buddy did, he thinks it's sweet. But I can't vouch for it.

Pandemic - There's a horrible disease that's going to make the human race extinct or something. Player's actions will determine how the virus spreads and stuff. In theory, players can decide to screw the other players and help it spread and wipe out humanity. Only have second hand recommendations for this one, as well.

Cash N' Guns - Kinda like Bang, I guess. Everyone gets foam guns. And then picks: Click! (bluff) Bang (fire) Bang, Bang, Bang! (fire madly, which happens before everyone else). And then everyone points their gun at a player. All gunfire happens simultaneously. Any players left standing collect money and new round begins. Alternative rules include undercover cops and stuff. Seems redundant with Bang in theory, but just wanted to get that out there.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 07:06:45 pm by Espie »
Remember, the moon is watching.

Deviant

• Legendary
  • Usurped Leader
Re: Proposed New Board Gameses!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 12:20:59 pm »
Cthulhu 500 - The karazy Cthulhu themed racing card game. I brought it back in the day, my copy has been stolen, so buy your own.

It was stolen? That is super mega lame! That was an awesome game.

I second the suggestion to purchase this game. I can't speak to the others, but if they are on par with Cthulhu 500 then I am game.  (Get it game? For games?, yeah thats right I went there!)
"I'm not much on speeches, but it's so gratifying to leave you wallowing in the mess you've made, you're screwed. Thank you. Bye."

-Iain

Generals

• Wargamer
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 01:19:07 am »
Any possibility of adding in Apples to Apples?

sirstargazer

• The Lord of feathers
  • Administrator
  • Legendary
  • the wicked
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 04:29:25 pm »
Cthulhu 500 rocks so hardcore :(  we should totally get that
"Hiding the fact you're dead again
Underneath the power lines seeking shade
Far above our heads are the icy heights that contain all reason
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks
That let us bet when you know we should've folded "~ The Shins

scientology

webservice@growbiggerpenis.com

• Number One
  • Legendary
  • I'm dapper!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 02:10:30 pm »
You NEED pandemic. NEED IT.

ToddB

• Legendary
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 04:18:28 pm »
Just buy every game ever made.

On a side note, I seem to have at some point bought the "spy munchkin" and played it like once. Maybe I'll bring it wednesday or monday or something.

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:24:58 am »
Let me just say that to my knowledge there are no Junta political cards+game bits available for download or whatever. So the club copy is kinda useless.
Remember, the moon is watching.

Particle_Man

• Legendary
  • Cut my teeth on 1st ed AD&D
    • http://particle-man6.livejournal.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 04:04:38 pm »
You might want to invest in Cheapass Games (the line).  First of all, they are small.  Second, they are cheap.  Their philosophy is that you can cannibalize other game for tokens and dice so there is no point in including those, thus passing the savings on to you (and I think this would be even more true of the Wargamers - I mean, who doesn't have dice?  And there is even a box of miniatures in the club).
Game MASter that is comPLETEly unfair!

Andouille

• Legendary
    • http://www.xanga.com/dee_goh
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 03:42:16 am »
Lulz, sorry for the uber late reply, but:

Junta - we have it and an assessment by Espie shows that pieces are missing

In regards to other games, I will look into them, and then talk to the other execs during a meeting to set up a budget for buying games as well as approving game purchases for the year or something like that.
thou shalt be smited by my Hammer of Great Squishing Things[A True Games Mistress]

Generals

• Wargamer
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 03:12:09 am »

HeishNod

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 07:15:20 am »
hey see me trollin'
They hatin'

Mods think they got my IP
But the MySQL disagrees
And George Zimmer can gurantee
That I'm still there lurkin' with a new proxy

That's right I'm Anonymous, and I do not forgive
I raid at random with no incentive
Best be attentive, ya'll get so stressed
When you see your forum flooded with DESU DESU DESU

Andouille

• Legendary
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 06:49:45 pm »
I have seen that someone did bring in a copy of dominion. I believe it was in the club office. If people play it...and they like it...given time restraints of classes...we will see.

Again, let me clear out some boxes of new things in the club office.
thou shalt be smited by my Hammer of Great Squishing Things[A True Games Mistress]

Generals

• Wargamer
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 04:37:14 pm »
That happens to be my Dominion. I bought it from Cravings to see if the people in the club would be interested in it. If it gathers more than sufficient plays, I'll have to wait and see if the club is willing to hold possession of it.

Smashley

• Legendary
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 11:11:57 am »
Looks like we need to go on a game buy :p Perhaps before the next even so we all have new toys? Yay new toys!
* You say freak like it's a bad thing *~

Andouille

• Legendary
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 05:57:21 pm »
This is why Dominion and Red Dragon Inn is always sitting in the office...I've already filed away all of the new books and games that the club did buy.

So far, I have seen that people have played Dominion and Red Dragon Inn...and they both appear to have been played quite a few times.

Since it's almost year end, probably for the next year, new games will be bought for the beginning of the next year depending on the next set up of the executive.