Author Topic: 7th Sea. Do you like swashbuckling adventures?!  (Read 2618 times)

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
7th Sea. Do you like swashbuckling adventures?!
« on: October 26, 2016, 11:52:31 pm »
Welcome to the new tuesday game 7th Sea second edition.

Do you like heroism? Swashbuckling adventures.  Monster hunts? A narrative game where we dont know where we will end up.

Welcome to 7th sea. 

Imagine its the late 17th century.  European powers at their Mythical peak and their.  Age of exploration peak.  This is the back drop for our adventures.  You can be a musketter. Be an alchemical genius.  Be a sculptor.  Be a Pirate.  All this is yours if you want it.

Cavet: This is the first attempt at playing in the new 2nd edition rules.  It will be played as straight as possible, meaning we will follow the rules.  Very little attempt at homebrewing things.  This is a gauge on how the game functions.  The story can continue, I have many ideas.   Will you want to follow.

NB: has some more information
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:32:33 pm by GitS »
Things die.  People burn.  This is the way of all things.   This is my way *cackle*
    "I have defied gods and demons.
    I am your shield, I am your sword.
    I know you; your past, your future.
    This is the way the world ends."

jerryserp

• Noob
Re: 7th Sea. Do you like swashbuckling adventures?!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:31:15 pm »
It's sounds interesting but I never played 7th sea before, is that ok?

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 06:13:50 pm »
yes, having zero knowledge is fine.   just be willing to accept that its "famillar" yet not
Things die.  People burn.  This is the way of all things.   This is my way *cackle*

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 05:14:41 pm »
So we begin.

We have an Ussuran Mercenary who has some things on the side,  an Eisen "Doktor" who dabbles in potions, an Avalonian Knight of the Rose and Cross who happens to be a Knight of Elaine; i wonder how one serves two masters, a Montaigne footpad, a Samarian aide to a minor Diplomat who speaks to himself, and lastly a Vendel Master Baker.  BAKER!.

Each of them were travelling from Carlaeon, Avalon to the a port on Normandy Coast of Montaigne.  Along the way, a thick fog shrouded the ship. 

An old salt lick of a sailor by the name of Silver, started crying out in the night,  "NO! YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME!' 10 YEARS! I LOST 10 YEARS!"

The helmsman cried out to the captain, " CAPTAIN THE COMPASS! SIR! SHE SPINS!" 

to be continued.

Ben Lowin

• Administrator
  • Noob
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 06:57:29 pm »
The Knight and the master baker took charge of the ship while the rest of the team brought the captian out of his cabin.
The smarian aid, the knights squire, the ussuran and the "Doktor" found the captain trying to escape.
The captain was injured in the insuring strugle, and the smarian calmed him and the squire, so that the down stairs team could set the captains broken bones.
After the setting was complete there was a horid grinding sound as the ship  ran aground on a sand bar.

The group found themselves on a sand bar and descended to inspect the hull for damage.

While looking at the hull a rouge wave lifted the ship clear of the sand bar, and while the master baker tried to get back on board the waves seemed to swat him from the hull of the ship.

The team then proceded to the shore, slightly wet, they headed up to the lighthouse that they had seen eairler and there they meet the forth queen of the fey.

She informed them "I shall jugde your actions and see if the world is worthy or not?"
They then had stew and the knight asked to spar with her champion, Mordrid. The kinght lost well, and recived a copper coin.
They were then launched into the sea by morgan, only to arive somewhere in montaign.

They walked into the in and slept the night and then headed under the in into a deoungeon.
How will the party fair?
In the dark depth,
Will they dispair?

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 02:35:58 pm »
quick clarifications.

the crone: she isnt the one who is going to judge you.   She is chronocaling your journey to to show someone else.   

And you fought the Morrigan not mordred. 

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 02:44:30 am »
quick note. we will be restarting first week of January. January 3rd 1830 approx. see you guys there.

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 04:37:20 am »
Onwards to the next adventure. 

so while I use notepad to make a better post.   today can be summed up by "lobsters.. at noon. first blood"

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 02:31:45 pm »
well this week we didn't have enough relevant people to figure out how the lobster duel is going down.   So we had a quaint little flash back.

Some months back when three intrepid party members were back on Avalon.   Two were approached by a seedy looking and smelling individual who asked them to get a document in the little hamlet of Nottingham.    Another one was approached by a Knight in Blue, who too was looking for some desperate individual who would get the document for him.

It turns out the document is a birth certificate.  to one "Maebeth <no known last name>"   why would two parties be so interested in that.

After a night of confused intentions.   The trio set out for the quaint little hamlet of Nottingham.  Known for their delectable mutton, cheese, bread and other goods of dubious legality.

They also learned a few things about its past.  And how the King's Men was taxing and insuring public safety.

Also there might have been a witch.

THey arrived at met a local man by the name of Robin.  They went back to his home, and found his wife rocking quietly in her rocker.  Sunkissed hair, white teeth. white bleached skull.

Oh she ded...
then the good doctor broke his mind.

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 06:35:03 pm »
this session has been one of.. major shifts in story for people.

One we added a new player.  Welcome.  two. well we'll see how that story unfolds.

we start with a lobster duel.   The duel rules are 1) lobsters must be alive at the end of the duel. 2) to first blood.

Our Knight of Elaine tries to foul, by squeezing her lobster too hard.  Fortunately, a barely perceived portal opens, replacing that lobster with one that has seen what is beyond the doorway.

Lets just say.  the only winner of that duel was the frenzied lobster who got put down.

They have reached their destination.  The capital city of Montaigne. 

They spread out and search for clues.  *hint nothing major happens too much*

For the knight.  realizing that there is something wrong with her Tyro.  Panic set in.  The Elders of the Rose and Cross have determined that the Tyro is now worthy of being put to the Test.   The docileness that has afflicted the Tyro these past few *months* has taken its toll upon him.  He will not pass, and if he doesn't pass.  Her knight must kill the Tyro. 

kneeling before the fountain.  She casts a golden coin into the fountain.   "OH GREAT QUEEN OF THE SEA. I BEESEECH YOU SEND FORTH YOUR CHAMPION I WISH TO BARGAIN!"   (at this point me being the "nice" gm I go "buddy.. you sure. you want the queen of the sea...)  "OH GREAT QUEEN OF THE SEA!...."

Ok fine.  so long story short.  a compact has been struck between an outworldly 10 yr old child who seems human yet not human.  The removal of the malady that is afflicting the Tyro.   The termination of the source if it is in open waters.   and the Knight becomes one of her Knights.    The Knight agrees. 

We shall see what will happen.

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 03:53:02 pm »
my apologies, but Tuesday, feb 14, 2016 I have something I need to attend to.  no game.

Thea the sea water dispensing knight will be forced to not purify any more rivers or streams for a week