Author Topic: Summer RPG 'Interest Check'!  (Read 2610 times)

webservice@growbiggerpenis.com

• Number One
  • Legendary
  • I'm dapper!
Summer RPG 'Interest Check'!
« on: April 01, 2015, 10:28:53 pm »
Hi folks. Long time, no see.

Now that my program's starting to wind down in intensity (2 years later!), I thought I'd do an interest check to see what sort of game I should run over the course of the summer.

Here are the preliminary choices (with flavour blurbs stolen from Wikipedia + other sources):

Deadlands: Deadlands is a genre-mixing alternate history roleplaying game which combines the Western and horror genres, with some steampunk elements. (Think Wild Wild West meets Ravenous - plus tons of material exists for this game, making it a sinch to run).

East Texas University: Study. Party. Save the World. East Texas University promises prestigious leadership, connected alumnae, the fantastic Southern climate of Pinebox, Texas…and annoying roommates, professors that try to kill you (literally), and things that go bump in the night. Enroll at your own risk. (Buffy meets Supernatural meets Animal House. Please see this supplementary video for more details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKbEaNjcplk )

Houses of the Blooded: [John Wick] has described it as the "anti-Dungeons and Dragons roleplaying game," emphasising elements of the fantasy genre that D&D overlooks. Taking a more swords and sorcery approach (rather than "generic fantasy"), the game focuses on romance, intrigue, courtly dangers, and domain management. (There's no real clear analogy for it).

I haven't decided on a day or a time, so I'd like folks who are interested in any of the above to post:

1) what they would like to play, and
2) their time availability for when they'd like to play.

Alright, peace.

edit:

Less likely candidates that I'd need some convincing to run include:

Agents of Oblivion: NOMAD Revival
The Day After Ragnorak
Some modified version of the 'End of the World' series.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:35:26 pm by webservice@growbiggerpenis.com »

Floogal

• Veteran
Re: Summer RPG 'Interest Check'!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 05:38:15 am »
East Texas University sounds fun.  I've heard great things about Houses of the Blooded, but I prefer cooperative games to competitive ones.

Availability:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday.

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 09:20:33 pm »
bring back dudlands, make Stone out as cat

Remember, the moon is watching.

Particle_Man

• Legendary
  • Cut my teeth on 1st ed AD&D
    • http://particle-man6.livejournal.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:33:22 pm »
Stone as a cat would be very hard to kill!   And even if you somehow succeeded, he starts with eight more lives than you.  ;D

Just a thought, but I wonder sometimes about a Deadlands game where everyone in the party is a native of the same tribe, trying to work together.  But that might be a little too "niche" for what people generally want out of Deadlands as players (it has a lot of fun and diverse arcane backgrounds, after all).  Btw, if you did Deadlands would you run it Classic style or SW style?

Anyhow,  I am up for gaming, so whatever other people want of the OP choices, I can adapt.  I will be busy Wed and Thur evenings (D&D 5e gaming (well soonish for the Wednesday one anyhow)!) and Saturday afternoons (Exalted 2e gaming!), and I have discovered in my old age that I need to rest Saturday evenings at home in order to get to church Sunday mornings (which I promised my wife - but hey, she is cool with me gaming during this summer while she studies accounting).

But that leaves most mornings (all but Sun), many afternoons (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri), and a lot of evenings (Sun, Mon, Tues, Fri).
Game MASter that is comPLETEly unfair!

ClubMeSoftly

• Veteran
  • That is a strange looking banana.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 12:05:07 am »
I vote Deadlands Thursdays

Particle_Man

• Legendary
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 07:13:28 pm »
I don't know if everyone in wargamers uses these boards.  You might also want to advertise your GMing availability here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wargamersubc/

Particle_Man

• Legendary
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 11:58:50 am »
Anyhow,  I am up for gaming, so whatever other people want of the OP choices, I can adapt.  I will be busy Wed and Thur evenings (D&D 5e gaming (well soonish for the Wednesday one anyhow)!) and Saturday afternoons (Exalted 2e gaming!), and I have discovered in my old age that I need to rest Saturday evenings at home in order to get to church Sunday mornings (which I promised my wife - but hey, she is cool with me gaming during this summer while she studies accounting).

But that leaves most mornings (all but Sun), many afternoons (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri), and a lot of evenings (Sun, Mon, Tues, Fri).

I should note that I am also available for Wednesday evenings but now my Monday evenings have filled up.  Also, my Tuesday evenings might fill up too.