Author Topic: Shadowrun  (Read 2000 times)

Douglas

• Diligent Wargamer
Shadowrun
« on: August 17, 2013, 04:00:10 pm »
For a long time I have wanted to run shadowrun, but have held off due to the rules being scary for those not blessed with the personality of an accountant. Recently though I drew up some rules for running shadowrun in savage worlds. I was hoping you guys could look them over and give me your opinion on them:

http://sdrv.ms/18ABad2

For the record I took the core of the augment and drone rules out of savage tales of the sprawl and the hacking out of interface zero.

tzar1990

• Diligent Wargamer
Re: Shadowrun
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 08:31:04 pm »
Looks pretty good!

ONe thing that might use some work are the ruels for what happens when you go wrong while hacking - under the current system, even when trying to hack the system at McDonald's or your grandma's unsecured wi-fi, you can still get the really bad consequences. You might want to calibrate the system so that the worst results are above the range of the dice rolled, meaning that you could only get the worst case scenario when going against something big - maybe if the dice roll was a d8 instead, but the modifiers on nasty things were slightly bigger. Alternatively, you could switch it so that the worst results occur around 13 or so - meaning that no matter how badly you do, you're not gonna be taking Lethal VR damage unless you're going against something that really would have nasty countermeasures.

I don't like that hindrances give you bonuses at character creation, rather than when they actually come up in play, but that's something I think of as a flaw in Savage Worlds, rather than in your house rules.

Douglas

• Diligent Wargamer
Re: Shadowrun
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 10:00:00 am »
Here are the revised rules, I am now using the run the group in question:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bznlsax_DcaaNm9IbnNBZTZISkE/edit?usp=sharing