Author Topic: Book and Board Games Sale (NEED VOLUNTEERS)  (Read 3460 times)

Bunnie

• Unus Mundus
  • Veteran
Book and Board Games Sale (NEED VOLUNTEERS)
« on: March 28, 2013, 06:44:58 pm »
Coming up next week is our first ever joint SFS/Wargamers Book and Board Games Sale! We'll be outside the SUB North Entrance (the side facing Brock Hall) on Wednesday April 3rd and Friday April 5th from 11:00AM-5:00PM.

The sale will be on a by-donation basis (pay what you want/can afford) and all proceeds go to Equality Now, an organisation which advocates human rights for women and girls around the world.

I need volunteers for a couple of things:

On Tuesday, April 2nd starting at 5:00PM, we're having a work party to consolidate all of the material that we'll be selling. This includes several boxes of books from the SFS office (mostly pulp fiction that's still unsold from our last book sale), all of the donated non-gaming material in the Wargamers (novels, comics, etc.), and old board games which are no longer played and we have multiple copies of. If you are free during this time, please consider dropping by to help! We will either be in the SFS office or Wargamers office for the entirety of the evening, so just check both locations if you come late and can't find us. Also, if anyone has spare milk crates or reusable grocery bags, we need them!

On Wednesday April 3rd and Thursday April 4th, we need a few people to help with set-up and staffing the book sale table throughout the day. I have class from 9-5 on Wednesday with only a 2-hour break, so I need someone to set up at 10:00AM for me in addition to people willing to man the table throughout the rest of the day. On Thursday, I need someone to set up at 10:00AM but I will be able to take over at 11:00AM and remain for the rest of the day. Meaning we need lots of volunteers for Wednesday, but if you're only available Thursday, I won't say no to the company :P

If you're able to help out, that's great! Or if you don't have time, please consider dropping by our table to check out the sale! We have a great selection this year (way better than the pulp fiction sale from two years ago :P) and every penny earned goes to a good cause.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:54:58 pm by Bunnie »
The algorithms I am programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought.

Bunnie

• Unus Mundus
  • Veteran
Re: Book and Board Games Sale (NEED VOLUNTEERS)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:54:40 pm »
The AMS screwed up our booking so the second day of the sale is now Friday April 5th. Nothing on Thursday.

This also means that I need volunteers for Friday, so please come and help >.<
The algorithms I am programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought.