Author Topic: Year End Festivities! (Moved to Club Room!)  (Read 3360 times)

Ascendant Hero

• Legendary
Year End Festivities! (Moved to Club Room!)
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:09:02 am »
Greetings intrepid Wargamers!

Hopefully your exams are either complete or going well. As the exam session draws towards a close and our membership begins to think of activities away from UBC, the time for one of our club's rare sanctioned events draws nigh. Indeed - it is time for the Year End celebration (or lament, depending on your perspective, though it should be cheery and fun).

Wednesday, April 25 the Wargamers will be hosting their year end jointly with the Science Fiction Society. How can you be a part of this great enterprise? Simply join us that afternoon at Trimble Park in Vancouver.

More details - including an exact start time - to follow shortly. Clear your schedules, stay tuned, and we hope to see you all Wednesday!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:09:55 pm by Ascendant Hero »
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" - Jane Austin

Legacy and Cube- the true formats of Magic

Bunnie

• Unus Mundus
  • Veteran
Re: Year End Festivities!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:00:13 pm »
Start time is 2:00. Or possibly 1:00 if people get there early XD We'll be heading out for dinner at around 6-7. Restaurant will be decided by the people who show up, but please not Memphis Blues (T_T).

Here's the map again if you forgot where Trimble Park was. <http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=trimble+park&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl>

P.S. GUYS BRING FOOD. I'll try, but I have an exam the night before and don't intend to be conscious for the next 14 hours after it. No roast pig, Jeremy :P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:25:25 pm by Bunnie »
The algorithms I am programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought.

Fayth

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 03:59:00 pm »
Once again you disappoint me. How many times must you do it.

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:14:38 pm »
I concur with Jer. Iris has once again let everyone down with her selfishness.
Remember, the moon is watching.

Ascendant Hero

• Legendary
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:48:08 pm »
The official start time is set for 1:30, though feel free to enjoy the park before hand (since I have no effective means of preventing it) or to join us later if necessary (even if I find a way to do so, I have no desire to prevent this).

As for bringing things, as long as it doesn't contravene any laws feel free to bring whatever you feel would be beneficial, enjoyable, and -regrettably necessary to say - safe. I doubt its worth your time and expense, Jeremy, but proceed as you will.
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" - Jane Austin

Fayth

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 12:30:58 am »
Wat, I was implying that Iris has failed to bring the pig a second time. What were you implying I'd bring

GitS

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:01:12 am »
so i see the "safe" refers to jer.  Therefore I can bring anything i want.
Things die.  People burn.  This is the way of all things.   This is my way *cackle*
    "I have defied gods and demons.
    I am your shield, I am your sword.
    I know you; your past, your future.
    This is the way the world ends."

webservice@growbiggerpenis.com

• Number One
  • Legendary
  • I'm dapper!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 02:36:08 pm »
so i see the "safe" refers to jer.  Therefore I can bring anything i want.

Ascendant Hero

• Legendary
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 12:08:29 pm »
Moved to the Commons Room on account of rain!