Author Topic: Cosmic Patrol  (Read 2628 times)

Dylan

• Swamp Wizard
  • Diligent Wargamer
Cosmic Patrol
« on: June 17, 2012, 01:08:20 am »
LISTEN UP CADETS. COSMIC PATROL IS HERE.

IT'S OLD-TIMEY FUTURE TIME. What does that mean? The funkadelic world of golden-age sci-fi is what it means. LASER GUNS! ROCKET SHIPS! ROBOTS! MARTIANS! HOLY CRAP!

Cosmic Patrol is a rules-light game designed to be run by the players without a GM; the game has a turn system for passing the GM scepter from player to player. I only have the quick-start rules at the moment, so I'm not quite sure how to create original characters, so we'll play with the four prefab ones for now. All I need is three (3) interested people and we'll get this thing blasting off.

Time: Wednesday at 5:30, but can be changed. Start time should be no earlier than 5:30.

Dylan

• Swamp Wizard
  • Diligent Wargamer
Re: Cosmic Patrol
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 04:21:56 pm »
What if this campaign were run during the school year? Would people be interested then?

Bunnie

• Unus Mundus
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 06:15:29 pm »
There's already a game running Wednesdays right now, but want to try Mondays? I think that I'm going to kill Don't Rest Your Head for the rest of the summer since I'm leaving at the end of July anyways.
The algorithms I am programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought.

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 08:54:15 am »
Noooo. Play on Wednesday. My nobles need a good game to wager on for the betting house.
Remember, the moon is watching.

Dylan

• Swamp Wizard
  • Diligent Wargamer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 07:44:30 pm »
In reply to Auggie:
Why can't nobles bet on games that happen on Mondays?

In reply to Iris:
Are you killing off DRYH before I get to milk leadership of the barbarian kingdom for all it's worth?
Consequent plan:
Cosmic Patrol on Mondays when DRYH is over.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:17:28 pm by Dylan »

Bunnie

• Unus Mundus
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 01:17:03 pm »
Yup, sorry, it's dead. Jamie has also started running Day After Ragnarok, so you two should have an epic struggle over Mondays. Playing an RPG within an RPG on Wednesday sounds like fun though XD
The algorithms I am programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought.

Dylan

• Swamp Wizard
  • Diligent Wargamer
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 12:11:30 am »
This Wednesday meta-RPG idea sounds intriguing. All we would have to do is change the setting because the Houses of the Blooded people wouldn't think of a sci-fi RPG. They'd have a myth RPG probably.

Next Wednesday I'll be there.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:23:01 am by Dylan »

Dylan

• Swamp Wizard
  • Diligent Wargamer
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 02:20:13 pm »
Now that Houses of the Blooded is over, we can have Cosmic Patrol on Wednesdays now?