Author Topic: Spy vs. Spy 2013  (Read 3720 times)

Bunnie

• Unus Mundus
  • Veteran
Spy vs. Spy 2013
« on: October 02, 2011, 12:07:03 am »
Here we go again! Ready for another unforgettable round of stalking and paranoia?

Here's how it works. You get a water pistol, a picture of your target, and your target's UBC schedule. If you hit your target with a blast of water, that person is dead, and you take that person's target and report your kill. Kills will be tracked on the wall at the club. You win by being the last spy standing: by killing the person whose target is you.

Rules:
1. You cannot shoot your water pistol indoors.
2. If your target sees you in a building, you cannot follow him/her to the door then shoot him/her.
3. You must not disclose your target to anyone until that target is dead.
4. Should the game become stale, we may add a rule to get things going.

Refer to this thread <http://ubcwargamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1203.0> for more info. Rules are the same as previous years, but we're using two scheduled events instead of full class schedules again.

To enter, create a word document and paste your name, a picture of yourself, and the times and locations of two of your classes then email it to wargamersUBC@gmail.com. Use a good quality picture please; otherwise it's unfair. Deadline for submissions is December 31st, targets will be distributed that week and the game will start the week after.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:06:55 pm by Bunnie »
The algorithms I am programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought.

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
Re: Spy vs. Spy 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:21:01 am »
Every year we have the opportunity to make a lasting mark that does not end up as "hurrr pasty nerds live here." Like running a neat ARG and getting randoms involved around campus. Instead, it's spy vs. spy every time.
Remember, the moon is watching.

Ascendant Hero

• Legendary
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:11:44 am »
Spy vs. Spy is fun. Feel free to give us a proposal for another activity though.
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" - Jane Austin

Legacy and Cube- the true formats of Magic

Bunnie

• Unus Mundus
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 10:20:40 am »
I'm planning something more interesting for next term. It's going to take more time to organise than I have right now, but everything should be ready by... er... March or so. To keep people entertained in the meantime, here is the familiar and low-key game of Spy vs. Spy.
The algorithms I am programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought.

Douglas

• Diligent Wargamer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:47:45 am »
Low key? Were you not around for last years festivity's?

Ascendant Hero

• Legendary
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 11:25:38 am »
Low key? Were you not around for last years festivity's?

Its all a matter of perspective and relative scale.
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" - Jane Austin

Legacy and Cube- the true formats of Magic

webservice@growbiggerpenis.com

• Number One
  • Legendary
  • I'm dapper!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 11:46:18 am »
Every year we have the opportunity to make a lasting mark that does not end up as "hurrr pasty nerds live here." Like running a neat ARG and getting randoms involved around campus. Instead, it's spy vs. spy every time.

That sounds like a whole lot of effort. :I

Bunnie

• Unus Mundus
  • Veteran
Re: Spy vs. Spy 2013
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 10:05:18 pm »
THE THREAD NECROMANCER RETURNS!

Here goes attempt #2 at reviving Spy vs. Spy. We have a lot of new members this year so hopefully it'll work out; we're also definitely bringing in the SFS.

Particle_Man

• Legendary
  • Cut my teeth on 1st ed AD&D
    • http://particle-man6.livejournal.com/
Re: Spy vs. Spy 2013
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 09:27:01 am »
You might need to design some "end game" rules if the game comes down to the last 2 or 3 people and they are all super-cautious and paranoid so no one gets successfully targetted and the prize just sits there and sits there.

This has happened in the past in the Wargamers.
Game MASter that is comPLETEly unfair!