Author Topic: What I learn from Board Games  (Read 3772 times)

Particle_Man

• Legendary
  • Cut my teeth on 1st ed AD&D
    • http://particle-man6.livejournal.com/
What I learn from Board Games
« on: April 25, 2011, 12:42:05 am »
What I learn from Small World:  Learn when it is better to drop something an move on to an exciting new project, rather than eke out the last few drops of an old one.

What I learn from Dominion: Don't fill your life with anything but good moments, or the mediocre/bad ones will keep cluttering up your life.  (This is one reason I avoid TV - commercial jingles will stay in my brain forever, and that is brain-space that could be used for more pleasant memories).

What I learn from Monopoly.  Some of my friends are assholes.  :)
Game MASter that is comPLETEly unfair!

Fayth

• Administrator
  • Legendary
Re: What I learn from Board Games
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 01:38:09 am »
What I learn from Space Alert: Dont rely on any of your friends to defend your ship/the world from space invaders

What I learn from Dungeon Quest: Go in, get 200~ gold pieces, and leave.. youll probably do better than your rivals gunning for more treasure

What I learn from Magic: 3 mana to do what?! ITS TERRIBLE

What I learn from Battlestar Galactica: Patrick is the cylon, I dont care if everyone has revealed their loyalty already, its Patrick im telling you

CelestialGorilla

• Legendary
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:45:41 am »
What I learned from Cutthroat Caverns: You can be completely clueless, not read anything, accidently break the rules several times, and still win the game

Scott

• Archivist
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 11:31:41 am »
What I learned from Ascension: When in doubt, kill a cultist. And if you can't have it, no one can.
What I learned from Arkham Horror: Hobos with shotguns are indeed forces to be reckoned with.

Rubycheeks Loveglow

• Veteran
  • Master of the East Wind
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:37:03 pm »
What I learned from Tanto Cuore: Success does not lie in cultivating your own staff, but from spreading much illness and vices into the households of others.

Smashley

• Legendary
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:40:54 pm »
What I learned from Bang: Banging in jail is the best form of revenge.
* You say freak like it's a bad thing *~

webservice@growbiggerpenis.com

• Number One
  • Legendary
  • I'm dapper!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:22:00 pm »
First off, screw your bolding system I'm doing it MY WAY.

What I learned from Space Alert: Everyone sucks at this game, just go look out the window.

What I learned from Dungeon Quest: Just charge in for the gold. I don't care if you're a conservative player, its either all in or nothing baby.

What I learned from Pandemic: Don't let me shuffle the deck. Ever.

What I learned from Battlestar Galatica: High school drama skills can only take you so far. Otherwise, the only winning move is not to play because this game takes too god damn long.

What I learned from Cosmic Encounters: fuk u too Cosmic, fuk u too

What  learned from Dominion FUCK YOU FUCK YOU GAME FUCK YOU

What I learned from Bang: Pacifist Uncle Will huaehuaehuaehuaehuaehuae; Also, Dynamite.

What I learned from Arkham Horror: Hobos with shotguns tommy guns are indeed forces to be reckoned with.

What I learned from Acquire: Play like Goldman Sachs.

What I learned from Aliens 2: The best games in Wargamers are the ones people refuse to play.

What I learned from Pit: The louder you are, the more likely you are to win. ALWAYS BET ON OATS.

What I learned from Dixit: Be an arts student, always win!

What I learned from Betrayal at the House on the Hill: Don't let Jeremy be the traitor.
That's all I got for now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:11:36 pm by webservice@growbiggerpenis.com »

Fayth

• Administrator
  • Legendary
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 05:15:27 pm »
WHY NOT ME :< IM THE TRAITOR

Dylan

• Swamp Wizard
  • Diligent Wargamer
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 09:08:39 pm »
What I learned from Magic: The price of Strip Mine has skyrocketed this year.
What I learned from Dungeon Quest: The best things in life are guarded by dragons, so don't try to get them.
What I learned from Cosmic Encounter: Co-winning kind of feels like losing.
What I learned from Everyone's John: Killing people is easier than walking up stairs.
What I learned from Battlestar Galactica: Pilots get all the chicks.
What I learned from Bang!: If you're the sheriff, you'll probably kill the deputy first.
What I learned from Race for the Galaxy: WHERE ARE THE FREAKING WORDS?
What I learned from Dominion: If you get your deck down to just three cards, you can be proud of yourself even if you don't win.
What I learned from Mao: Fours are misplays.