Author Topic: Starcraft 2.... Possible Release Date?  (Read 15214 times)

Deviant

• Legendary
  • Usurped Leader
Re: Starcraft 2.... Possible Release Date?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010, 04:19:52 pm »
I still have hope.  They still have to release the mac beta, and as there are fewer mac players there will be fewer applicants to pull from.  They may also have fewer mac beta testers, but they will still require a pretty large pool, so my chances are probably better than the average PC user.
"I'm not much on speeches, but it's so gratifying to leave you wallowing in the mess you've made, you're screwed. Thank you. Bye."

-Iain

v3ck

• ‹bermensch
  • Legendary
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 06:21:15 pm »
They would need fewer Mac testers because they are drawing from only a handful of prepackaged systems.

Deviant

• Legendary
  • Usurped Leader
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 12:31:11 pm »
The article mentions they have about 9000 of their goal of 10000 testers, I wonder if the remaining 1000 will be mac testers.

I have been watching a lot of beta VoDs/Shoutcasts and two units that I have almost never seen are Banelings and Carriers, any thoughts on why this is?
"I'm not much on speeches, but it's so gratifying to leave you wallowing in the mess you've made, you're screwed. Thank you. Bye."

-Iain

v3ck

• ‹bermensch
  • Legendary
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 05:21:22 pm »
I think you don't see banelings because it's just too easy to rush roaches and mass hydralisks.

As for carriers, I don't see what their role is. Seriously, in what situation would you want to use them?

Deviant

• Legendary
  • Usurped Leader
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 11:15:44 am »
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlizShouter#p/u/2/i0LCBIKindU

Some decent baneling use in this replay, however it is completely overshadowed by the ravens hunterkiller missles.

Edit: Beta keys selling for 100-300$ on ebay.  Funny stuff: http://cgi.ebay.ca/STARCRAFT-2-BETA-KEY-INVITATION-PLAY-NOW-/110499461714
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:07:02 pm by Deviant »

-Iain

Deviant

• Legendary
  • Usurped Leader
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 04:15:57 pm »
According to blizzard mac beta in April if ready along with major content update including  3v3 and 4v4 maps.

-Iain

Deviant

• Legendary
  • Usurped Leader
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2010, 11:12:29 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmTYSXgPvxM

good use of mass sentries in 2v2.

-Iain

Zeiris

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2010, 03:48:29 pm »
I feel kinda sorry for the zerg player for being stuck with a turtler, heh.

Those sentry force fields are awesome for messing with an opponents gameplan though :D And the nydus network! Oh man the shenanigans you can pull with that :D I wish I had one in supcom :(

Definitely gonna have to buy this game. I hope my laptop can run it.
YARR!

Deviant

• Legendary
  • Usurped Leader
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2010, 07:24:42 pm »
Yeah one big problem with the game in its current state is Terran's inability to quickly come to the aid of their allies.  Zerg can nydus in, if they have a proxy pylon protoss can warp in, or recall with a mothership.

-Iain

v3ck

• ‹bermensch
  • Legendary
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2010, 06:30:41 pm »

WHY?!?? T_T

BTW it says "iPistol" if you are finding it difficult to read.

Deviant

• Legendary
  • Usurped Leader
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2010, 11:41:00 am »

-Iain

wtfux

• Noob
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 10:00:34 pm »
they actually came out with a cracked version of sc2 for those of you interested, and if you mod it up the computer AI is enough of a challenge to make playing the game worth it. Nonetheless cannot wait for release =D

v3ck

• ‹bermensch
  • Legendary
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 11:11:52 pm »
We are all aware of the third-party software developments related to StarCraft II.

Deviant

• Legendary
  • Usurped Leader
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 02:10:41 pm »
mac beta starts 3-4 days after this weeks patch.

-Iain

v3ck

• ‹bermensch
  • Legendary
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 03:27:50 pm »
The map editor is out.