Author Topic: More shiny games project (as of fall 2009)  (Read 3000 times)

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
More shiny games project (as of fall 2009)
« on: October 28, 2009, 06:05:53 am »
I'm going to let you guys in a little secret...once in a blue moon, I plan stuff ahead of time. Usually because some tribals are sacrificing butterflies to a god that does not heed their prayers and this chaotic energy cannot all be fired off into the astral plane and so some of that power flows into me and compels me to action. As usual I encourage lot to chime in with yays and nays and possible other suggestions.

Still within the first term
Pandemic is the only game I can think of that would be a safe bet at this moment. Replayability is terrible unless the expansion is also on hand at least that's what I've been told. . One other game that I am semi consistently bothered about is Chaos in the Old World, and I am grateful that someone brought it to introduce to the club, I have other super secret plans but...fucking games was delayed heh.

For the second term I am currently considering
Good heavens expansions everywhere!
Dominion: Seaside and Possibly the Cosmic Encounters xpac. I wanted to avoid getting both Dominion expansions for this purpose. Dominion can wear thin (in my opinion anyway) so to maximize its playtime I felt we needed to spread out the expansions. Since the third expansion is in playtest now, maybe my successor can consider supporting it down the road. The latter I'm reluctant to do since we've been using Scott's copy all this time so this would mean the club would have to invest in Cosmic itself. I have my eye on a couple games in addition to those but so far I am not convinced about the others.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:09:25 am by Espie »
Remember, the moon is watching.

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
Re: More shiny games project (as of fall 2009)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 03:53:32 am »
Tiny Cosmic Incursion (Cosmic Encounters expansion) teaser.

http://twitter.com/pgocosmic
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:44:51 am by Espie »

v3ck

• ‹bermensch
  • Legendary
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 10:38:27 am »
We were discussing using the blank cards as proxies for integrating a Seaside card into some games, just to see if the things that look horribly broken really are (Treasure Map).

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 10:46:24 am »
I don't see why not, but given what I've heard from my eyes and ears playtesting the next expansion (the one *after* Seaside) the amount of player screwage, I mean interaction, is only going up. Maybe we'll want to wait for that expansion instead. I personally disagree with these claims of brokenness but any excuse to diversify the library rather than go with safe bets is cool too. I just like to think the seemingly increased power and complexity of Seaside cards is the natural progression that CCGs like Magic and L5R usually go through to sell later sets.

Edit: Don't quote me on this but Drexoll *may* have an open copy of Seaside for demoing, I know I saw the original but not sure which xpac, if any, was cracked open, heh. Maybe I'll check when AEG releases the goddamn games I've wanted to grab since Gencon. *shakes fist at AEG*
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:57:47 am by Espie »

Deborah

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 01:49:10 am »
Thanks for picking up Pandemic! We have been enjoying it and all its incarnations.

I did have the opportunity to playtest Chaos in the Old World and it is definitely high ranking on the badass list, but I have a feeling it will be too expensive.

As for Cosmic, any form of expansion will be devoured by the masses, no questions asked.

ivehadworse

• Wargamer
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 11:44:47 am »
Candyland.

Srsly.

Niv

• Legendary
  • Would you like some more, PANCAKES?
    • MTGSalvation
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 11:59:39 am »

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 03:41:12 pm »
I just want to reiterate planning Seaside for second term just to space them apart nicely and ideally it'll be going strong when the third expansion hits. Also to express my disgust for AEG which has taken the curious business model of not releasing their games.