Author Topic: Spy vs Spy  (Read 33540 times)

v3ck

• ‹bermensch
  • Legendary
Spy vs Spy
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:05:57 am »
SCHEDULE

Monday:
gather missing data from participants.

Tuesday, Wednesday:
give out weapons and target cards.

Thursday:
it begins. GL HF.

Incoming transmission:

Greetings wargamers!

You have all been chosen for the selection process to join S^5 (Super Secret Sexy Spy Service). You are to report to us for your briefing, at which we will give you a target. You must not diclose your target to anyone. We will provide you with a dihydrogen monoxide weapon, with which you must terminate your target. Should you succeed, you must take over the terminated person's assignment. If that assignment is yourself, then you have passed the selection process. Report back to us for your glorious induction into S^5.

End of transmission.

This is Spy vs Spy. It's time to show your skills in man-tracking, evasion, and getting HUGE FRAGS.

Here's how it works. You get a water pistol, a picture of your target, and your target's UBC schedule. If you hit your target with a blast of water, that person is dead, and you take that person's target and report your kill. Kills will be tracked on the wall at the club. You win by being the last spy standing: by killing the person whose target is you.

Rules:
1. You cannot shoot your water pistol indoors.
2. If your target sees you in a building, you cannot follow him/her to the door then shoot him/her.
3. You must not disclose your target to anyone until that target is dead.
4. Should the game become stale, we may add a rule to get things going.

The club will be funding this game, so there is no entry fee! The prize system will be announced later.

Sign-ups will begin on Monday October 19th and end on Friday October 23rd at 3:30 PM. Please sign up on the sheet on the club office door. You must also have your picture taken and provide a full copy of two daytime classes (before 5:00 PM; at least 2 lectures per week) from your term 1 schedule. You must be a full-time UBC student with at least two daytime classes to join.

Please post your interest in this game (this will NOT sign you up) and discuss any flaws in the rules.

Thanks to John Lu for volunteering to randomize and assign targets.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 06:48:04 pm by v3ck »

Rubycheeks Loveglow

• Veteran
  • Master of the East Wind
    • Transistor Glamor
Re: Spy vs Spy
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 11:03:56 am »
Will the supplied water pistol be the only valid waterarm?

CelestialGorilla

• Legendary
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 11:25:54 am »
AWWWWWW SIIIIIIIIIIIIICK i volunteer to randomize and assign targets since i can't join this.

Steffii

• Wargamer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:52:59 am »
Polaroid film is expensive as heck. Just take it with a digi cam and then e-mail out pictures or something.

v3ck

• ‹bermensch
  • Legendary
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 12:04:41 pm »
Polaroid film is expensive as heck. Just take it with a digi cam and then e-mail out pictures or something.
I want to have target cards with picture, schedule, and signature. I suppose the person who assigns the targets can initial the cards as a sign of authenticity, in which case we can use a normal camera.

Thanks for volunteering John. I wish you could join, but it's not really feasible.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:13:28 pm by v3ck »

YummyBlaBla

• Wargamer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 06:40:59 pm »
This sounds awesome  ;D
Zzz...

JonesyLopez

• Viceroy
  • Veteran
    • http://www.myspace.com/chrisroseandlopez
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 10:38:50 pm »
definitely want to participate :D
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire, is your heart." - Memory by Lois Bujold

Becky

• Legendary
  • Delicious Narcissism.
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:37 am »
I am in  ;D

Niv

• Legendary
  • Would you like some more, PANCAKES?
    • MTGSalvation
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 01:25:25 am »
are we seriuouslyt so unimaginative that we have to steel our events from the chineese varsity club?

ohgoditburns

• Veteran
  • It's not too late unt-
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 02:46:35 am »
are we seriuouslyt so unimaginative that we have to steel our events from the chineese varsity club?

We ran this event two years ago.
"Go away. I'm all right." - H.G. Wells' last words

v3ck

• ‹bermensch
  • Legendary
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 09:21:50 am »
You have insulted me with your accusation. A good spy should not be so ignorant.

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 10:00:57 am »

Well the CVC did win the club award for most growth which boggled my mind at the AMS All Presidents' Dinner. Maybe the AMS should give them a security seat. /geopoliticalvitriol

Besides, this rehash of tag is preferable to say...LARPing, which is about as salient as Scientology. /socioreligiousvitriol

Our esteemed VP did have an event of sorts in the works which would be more Wargamer-esque, but there are some organizational hurdles to tackle first. /euphemismforlaziness

Remember, the moon is watching.

CelestialGorilla

• Legendary
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 10:01:44 am »

if u dun like the event u dun have to play

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 10:13:21 am »
I love how this has become a Will bash fest courtesy of the execs, heh.
Remember, the moon is watching.

Deborah

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 10:28:13 am »
I would like to point out that no spy worthy of such an assignment would dare to reply via this thread "in the public eye".