Author Topic: Clubs Day Kickoff *le sigh*  (Read 4010 times)

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
Clubs Day Kickoff *le sigh*
« on: September 22, 2009, 10:15:07 pm »
To use the old Ork maxim: 'ere we go! Ready for stompin' boyz? Sure there was some confusion was to whether it was happening, but now here's the real deal. I'm going to boldly assume you guttersnipes are going to scare away the more well-adjusted prospective members considering the general Wargamer can at best be described as a tad awkward and at worst downright socially retarded. Regardless, due to those bothersome class things, the execs will not be able to maintain a presence 100% of the time I think, so those who wish to help man the booth go ahead just want to clarify a couple things.

-Membership is 6 for non-students, and 4 for students.

-The commons room is room 21 of the SUB I believe. We do have flyers from last year that have a nifty little map on it, though I personally doubt it'll be much more helpful than the fire map.

-Even if myself and Justin will wear our top hats, assuming we remember and by we I mean me since I'm usually the one to forget these things, while you *can* technically make the absurd claim that we are in fact an expression of high society, such claims must be backed up with sufficient statements of hoity-toity smuggitude. One of my old favourites from a shitty play I wrote: "Nay I did not flip him off. I raised my finger in disagreement!"

-When asking prospective members to sign their info onto the sheets, it is encouraged that they be directed to the AMS liability waiver thing on the opposite end of the sign up sheet as that is what they're technically adhering to by registering. Should a prospective member actually decide to be smart and read the waiver and have issue with the general ridiculousness of the waiver since it gives the AMS essentially the legal equivalent of declaring itself its own island nation while we are reduced to mere serfs as we sign away not only all our legal rights but the legal rights of our immediate kin and heirs. Gently remark how it is bullshit and it would never hold up in court.

-Should a tactical opportunity arise where we have the option to be Notzies (tm) and polarize (root word Poland obviously what else could it possibly mean? >_> I wish more people knew what a Percontation Point or "Rhetorical question mark" was so I could use it.) the territory of other clubs please do. That'll learn them.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:11:00 pm by Espie »
Remember, the moon is watching.

CelestialGorilla

• Legendary
Re: Clubs Day Kickoff *le sigh*
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 10:52:17 pm »
LOL u have a way with words mr president

Deborah

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 11:23:34 pm »
Where did the lottery place the club booth this year?
Also, if you need power/extension cords for the tables for whatever reason, the AMS office (bookings?) upstairs can rent them for a small fee (it was something like $2/day last year).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:43:53 am by pallypayr »

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 11:44:16 pm »
Hmm, we *may* need extension cords since they're not being provided, uh oh. Heh. Well really our booth doesn't hinge upon it in theory. It's really if whoever manning it wants power for their laptop.

Rubycheeks Loveglow

• Veteran
  • Master of the East Wind
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 12:42:07 am »
Sounds like fun.

Niv

• Legendary
  • Would you like some more, PANCAKES?
    • MTGSalvation
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 01:18:23 am »
If It matters I'll be avalable to help out most of thursday. FYI.

and by most of, I mean I have no class Thursday, and only require food like substances.

oh, I'm only slightly socially akward.

ohgoditburns

• Veteran
  • It's not too late unt-
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 01:45:58 am »
I believe that Thursday morning is weak like my skills in mathematics, but not so weak as my skills in lawn bowling because Rick should be around.

Our booth is in room 215 section E7, surrounded by a myriad of student societies. Our exec team shall be slaving away behind the iron grip of that table whenever possible, but we'd very much appreciate it if people were able to help us move stuff back down to the club office at the end of the day (around 5:00). Setup is ~9:30, so if you don't mind waking up early, you can help us carry stuff too.

Do come out to our booth; you'll need membership anyways!
"Go away. I'm all right." - H.G. Wells' last words

v3ck

• bermensch
  • Legendary
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 09:10:47 am »
Our booth is in room 215 section E7

I believe it was changed to 207 C17.

Rubycheeks Loveglow

• Veteran
  • Master of the East Wind
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 09:48:34 am »
I'm totally free today and Fri after 9. I'm usually at the club room anyways, too.

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 09:49:06 am »
You are correct in that regard. Damn I knew I forgot to mention something, heh.

Erulan

• Noob
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 08:06:10 pm »
I signed up!

Also:
"Nay I did not flip him off. I raised my finger in disagreement!"
Best line ever.
I have memberships at other clubs. Perhaps I should 'polarize' them from within?  :)
~I am your compass and you are my ruler, and together we will create geometry~

Espie

• Legendary
  • What.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 12:31:45 am »
I think I can safely say that Clubs Day was an utter and complete disaster. I will accept any declarations for impeachment. Also stay tuned for Icebreaker and possible other "social" event announcements. I put social in quotes because calling a Wargamers event a social event is like calling a swarm of locusts a sustainable community.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:35:32 am by Espie »

ohgoditburns

• Veteran
  • It's not too late unt-
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 01:14:45 pm »
Hey, locusts are an excellent source of protein.
"Go away. I'm all right." - H.G. Wells' last words