Author Topic: ARKHAM HORROR  (Read 1254 times)

stratysphere

• Wargamer
  • WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM
ARKHAM HORROR
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:31:06 am »
Hello to all good gentlemen and ladies. I have a proposition.
We play Arkham Horror.

I bought the game and a couple expansions over summer and have played many games. It is very fun, a little challenging, and is a good method of role-playing in short spurts. Each adventure takes from 1.5-3 hours, depending on the number of people, the number of expansions, and our luck. It is set in the township of H.P. Lovecraft's Arkham and other locations of note including Dunwich, Kingsport, and Innsmouth. We will be beating back the elder ones as investigators using the powerful resistive faculties of the elder signs. There are over 30 (I think) investigators to choose from each with backstories, personal goals, abilities, items, skills, and stats. Elder ones which we may face are numerous as well, each changing the game in major and minor ways. I have played it many times so I am quite adept at teaching others how to play and the rules in general. The game can support up to 8 players at a time, with the minimum amount of players being 1 ( yes, I have played by myself before :,( )

So.
For all those who have an interest in the weird, the cosmic horrors beyond our ken, and those who may be interested in playing a new board game, please come by and check it out!!!

I think perhaps monday or tuesday evening would work out well, but that remains to be seen. If there is enough popularity to the game, I may switch out of pathfinder and into this more permanently, thus making game day thursday nights.

So, post what you all think! Yea or nay?
BELIEVE IN THE ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!!!
or
HAH HYA HYAAAAAAAAAAT! - Link, on olympic fencing.