Author Topic: Setting Riff: We build it together on this message board!  (Read 186 times)

Particle_Man

• Legendary
  • Cut my teeth on 1st ed AD&D
    • http://particle-man6.livejournal.com/
Setting Riff: We build it together on this message board!
« on: June 08, 2017, 11:08:53 pm »
I'm not sure this will go anywhere, and I am not even sure what game system would be used for it (I lean towards D&D and its cognates, but that is not written in stone), but I thought it might be an interesting idea:

1) Name something that you definitely would want to exist in this setting (this can be broad or narrow, it could be a monster, a player race or class, or even a general theme or other concept).
2) Name something that you definitely would want this setting *not* to have.

Note that you should not contradict earlier posts so if someone says the setting has elves, you can't say "no elves" but you could say "no drow".  Similarly, if someone says "no gods" then you can't bring in gods, although could allow spirits or ghosts.  And I guess I have to say it: don't contradict yourself either.  If you say "1) The setting must have dwarves" you cannot then say "2) the setting must not have dwarves".

So I will go first:

1) The setting has dragons.  Because dragons are cool.
2) The setting will not have divinely empowered Champions of Evil (for example, blackguards in 3.5 D&D or anti-paladins in Pathfinder, or even evil Clerics).  It is too easy to be evil and too hard to be good, so one shouldn't get extra benefits from being Evil for the sake of being Evil.
Game MASter that is comPLETEly unfair!

Floogal

• Veteran
Re: Setting Riff: We build it together on this message board!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:28:29 pm »
1) All living creatures have innate, at-will telekinesis, to a range of 30 feet.
2) There is no form of resurrection or bringing living creatures back to life.