Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1) All living creatures have innate, at-will telekinesis, to a range of 30 feet.
2) There is no form of resurrection or bringing living creatures back to life.
I'm not sure this will go anywhere, and I am not even sure what game system would be used for it (I lean towards D&D and its cognates, but that is not written in stone), but I thought it might be an interesting idea:

1) Name something that you definitely would want to exist in this setting (this can be broad or narrow, it could be a monster, a player race or class, or even a general theme or other concept).
2) Name something that you definitely would want this setting *not* to have.

Note that you should not contradict earlier posts so if someone says the setting has elves, you can't say "no elves" but you could say "no drow".  Similarly, if someone says "no gods" then you can't bring in gods, although could allow spirits or ghosts.  And I guess I have to say it: don't contradict yourself either.  If you say "1) The setting must have dwarves" you cannot then say "2) the setting must not have dwarves".

So I will go first:

1) The setting has dragons.  Because dragons are cool.
2) The setting will not have divinely empowered Champions of Evil (for example, blackguards in 3.5 D&D or anti-paladins in Pathfinder, or even evil Clerics).  It is too easy to be evil and too hard to be good, so one shouldn't get extra benefits from being Evil for the sake of being Evil.
Ok, taking a trip through the MM for 3.5 (and wiping out races/monsters of other alignments, even if it just says "usually" or "often"). . .

Allip are still around for mid-level undead, Angels, maybe Animated Objects if I allow non-sentients (Int -, 1 or 2) as the only true neutrals, Ankheg (I think I will, it is easier), assassin vine, Azer as our first LN race, Basilisk, Belkers, Bulette, Carrion Crawlers, Celestial template (we have angels after all), Centaurs (Ng represent!), Chaos beasts, Cloakers, Cockatrice, Darkmantle, Destrachian, Devourer, Digester, Dinosaurs, Dire Animals, Giant Eagles, Drow Elf (uh-oh!  But Lolth the CE goddess is gone, I think), Ettercaps, Fiendish template (there are a few fiends that are NE), Formians (I still think modrons should have been in the MM I), Frost Worm, Fungus (shieker, violet), ghost, Cloud Giant, Girallon, Githyanki, Gnome (only PHB race standing!  Even humans are gone!  How does it change things if the entire PC party is small?), Goblin (given class levels they can be the low-to-high level standard bad guy race), Golems, Gorgon, Grimlock, Guardinals, half-celestial, (since half-dragon doesn't have an entry for pseudo-dragon parents, but only true dragon parents (all gone) it is gone too), half-fiend, hippogriff, homunculus, Hydra, Inevitables, Kraken (I didn't know they were evil!), Kuo-toa, Lich, Magmin, Night Hag (probably the source of most of the half-fiends), Nightmare, Oozes, Giant Owls, Owlbears, Phantom Fungus, Phasm, Planetouched, Pseudodragons (might need a new name?), Purple Worm, Roc, Rust Monster, Salamanders, Satyr, Sea Cat, Shadow Mastiff, Shield Guardian, Shocker Lizard, Skeleton, Slaad, Spider Eater, Grig, Pixie, Stirge, Swarm (except Hellwasp Swarm), Titan, Treant, Triton, Vampire, Vampire Spawn, Vargouille, Winter Wolf (evil), Worg (evil), Yeth Hounds (evil, sensing a pattern here!), Zombie, most animals, most vermin.

Class-wise, if we just go with these monsters Dragon Disciple is also out (again, the pseudo-dragon exists, but it isn't written up for this prestige class).

I would have to change the Summon Monster lists to change celestial and fiendish alignments to NG and NE, or really purge those lists.
 I am thinking in terms of 3.5, but it could apply to 1st/2nd editions and 5th edition, I think.  4th does its own thing with alignment.

What if the only 4 alignments were NE, LN, CN and NG? (No true neutrals).
I mean from the highest to the lowest level.

For one thing, even animals would be different, I guess (I suppose one might go for the dodge that "unintelligent" = unaligned. Or one could just go whole hog and say there really are "good" dogs and evil chickens). Or maybe template them all?  Mind you, what would good carnivores do if all animals are sentient?

For another, we lose many gods (We still have Pelor, Garl Glittergold, Ehlonna, Wee Jas, St. Cuthbert, Olidammera, Nerull and Vecna), all devils and demons (daemons are still around), many LG/CG outsiders too.

We'd lose Paladins, many alternate Paladins, and Soulborn. ;)

Clerics would only have one alignment domain, maximum.

The "great Wheel" would be down to 4 outer "aligned" planes.

Anyway, this is off the top of my head. What are your thoughts?
Official events and announcements! / Club Elections 2017
« Last post by Aster on February 24, 2017, 02:24:51 pm »
Club Elections: Votes are in

Next years club Executives will be

President: Fareez S.

VP: Moayad A.

Treasurer: Bradley B.

Secretary: Diego I.

Games Librarian: Christine C.
Saw the FB posting and wanted to join. I can join by tonight if necessary, just need a place and I'll see if I can make it there.

Edit: Well, there's always next Thursday as well. But I already have the character ready for play.
Hey guys! This is down a player so if anyone is interested in filling the slot, let me know.

We play on Thursday's 9pm - 1am
Starting level 5.
The party has no caster, so if you are interested in playing a wizard or sorcerer even better!

No experience necessary!
RPG General Discussion / 7th Sea 2nd edition releases basic rules for free.
« Last post by Particle_Man on February 10, 2017, 09:09:46 pm »
In case you wanted to see what the fuss was about without spending any shiny dollars.

http://johnwickpresents.com/7th-sea-basic-rules/
Current/New Campaigns / Re: thursday 7th sea
« Last post by Floogal on February 10, 2017, 11:00:55 am »
I'm busy next Thursday, won't be able to attend.  Guess the Eisen chef will be staying in the kitchen.
Current/New Campaigns / Re: 7th Sea. Do you like swashbuckling adventures?!
« Last post by GitS on February 09, 2017, 03:53:02 pm »
my apologies, but Tuesday, feb 14, 2016 I have something I need to attend to.  no game.

Thea the sea water dispensing knight will be forced to not purify any more rivers or streams for a week
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10